Growing Healthy Two-Gether
Growing Healthy Two-gether, through Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program (CPNP), supports pregnant people to have a healthy baby. The goal of CPNP is to reach pregnant people living in conditions of risk that are known to increase the likelihood of unfavourable outcomes for themselves and their infants. These conditions of risk include: poverty, teenage pregnancy, social or geographic isolation with poor access to services, recent arrival to Canada, alcohol or substance misuse and family violence. CPNP also ensures that families are provided culturally sensitive programming and resources.
GROWING HEALTHY TWO-GETHER AIMS TO:
- improve the health of caregivers and infants,
- reduce the incidence of unhealthy birth weights, and
- promote and support breastfeeding
by building partnerships and strengthening community supports for pregnant people.
Growing Healthy Two-gether is funded by Public Health Agency of Canada, and the program is delivered by Carizon Family and Community Services in partnership with the Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services and Breastfeeding Buddies.
HOW GROWING HEALTHY TWO-GETHER HELPS
Prenatal people and their partners or support people come to:
- Learn about eating well for caregiver and baby
- Learn about how to have a healthier pregnancy
- Get tips on cooking and meal preparation
- Meet other pregnant people and new parents/caregivers
- Share questions and concerns about your pregnancy
- Prepare for birth and the new baby
Location: Cambridge EarlyON Centre (73 Water Street North., Cambridge | Bus route #51)
Date: Wednesdays, 1:00-2:30 p.m. HYBRID In person & Zoom. Check our calendar for upcoming sessions.
Pre-registration is open. Pregnant persons are welcome to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to register and discuss options for interim support, email Judy Hurst at email@example.com or may phone 519-743-4453 ext 3250.
For more information about this and other groups provided by Camino Wellbeing, visit their group programs page.